iAdvise is UIC’s integrated planning and advising system, which facilitates communication among advisors, integrates student success information, and incorporates Early Alerts to enhance advising and student success.
Powered by Starfish, iAdvise will enhance the opportunity for advisors, faculty, student resources providers, and students to work together for success.
The implementation of iAdvise is currently under way as a partnership between the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs and the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic and Enrollment Services.
OPEN SESSIONS for learning more about iAdvise
We host open hours sessions for instructors and advisors. All locations are online with Zoom. (If another platform, e.g., WebEx is required, please email iadvise [at] uic.edu. If there isn’t a convenient time listed below, additional opportunities are available by appointment. Email iadvise [at] uic.edu to schedule a time.)
Open Hours are great for dropping in to get a quick question answered or ask about a particular functional element; we recommend scheduling a two-hour block for new staff to get an overview of the system (as a supplement to departmental training).
- Thursday, January 28, noon-1pm
- Friday, January 29, 1-2pm
- Monday, February 1, 2-3pm
- Wednesday, February 3, 9:30-10:30am
- Monday, February 8, 11am-noon
- Thursday, February 11, 9:30-10:30am
- Tuesday, February 16, 3-4pm
- Thursday, February 18, 11am-noon
- Wednesday, February 24, 10-11am
- Friday, February 26, 3-4pm
- Tuesday, March 3, 4-5pm
- Friday, March 5, no0n-1pm *(note time change)*
- Monday, March 8, 11am-noon
- Wednesday, March 10, 1-2pm
- Tuesday, March 16, 10:30-11:30am
- Thursday, March 18, 10:30-11:30am