Alerting – Using iAlert
Using iAlert - Nudging students toward success! Heading link
Starfish provides the option to enter alerts for students who need interventions.
- Early Alerts will be administered in iAlert.
- iAlert provides automated reminders for faculty.
- All advisors receive real time notification of alerts entered by faculty.
- Students will receive alerts in iAdvise and in their email and text (optional) so that they can take action.
- Opportunity to provide positive feedback in the form of a “kudos”
Growth Mindset - encouraging action through positive encouragement and support. Heading link
iAlert and all of iAdvise uses a growth mindset that
- Encourages positive attitudes and beliefs regarding students’ ability to learn;
- Addresses common psycho-social barriers as a key component of effective interventions.
Contains subtle messages that convey:
- A sense of belonging at your institution;
- Normalizes uncertainty and struggle.